Tuesday, March 14, 2006

My First Knitted Purse


Well, here it is. I am so happy with it. I did not originally intend to use black as my contrasting color, but the yarn I bought for it didn't go as well as I would have liked when I got home. So I used the black yarn I had. I like the black, but I think I was wanting something a little softer. I used the reverse stockinette stitch for the body and handles and regular stockinette for the pocket. I used pink butterfly batik material for my linning, which I had to sew in by hand because I could not get the look I wanted with my machine. The hand sewing was alot more relaxing and less stressful than I had imagined it would be. I also made a pocket in the inside for my cell phone. I had planned on putting a zipper on it, but changed my mind near the end. I may put it on there one day, who knows. It measures 9"x9". I did not use a pattern for this, but came up with it on my own (which I am so proud of because I am not good at creating things) Thanks to Doreen for all the helpful hints along the way.

9 thoughts...:

Karina said...

I think it looks great!!!!!!

Jennifer said...

thanks!

sho said...

Very good and I'm impressed! You catch on so quick... now get to work on my striped hat, punkrock bag, socks, and skully sweater... now woman!

doreen said...

ya did great! It's adorable. I bet you'll love carrying this one :D Get ur diva pin!

Jennifer said...

ohh i will!

rebekah said...

BEAUTIFUL purse! When are you going to sell them? I am a cloth-diapering mom too! Good for you! Thanks for your condolences in my blog.

Jennifer said...

Thank you Rebekah.

Karla said...

Ah, so you knit, too! What a crafty girl you are! :) Love the purse. The black as a contrasting color worked out just fine! :)

Jennifer said...

thanks:)