Tuesday, March 14, 2006

My First Knitted Purse


Well, here it is. I am so happy with it. I did not originally intend to use black as my contrasting color, but the yarn I bought for it didn't go as well as I would have liked when I got home. So I used the black yarn I had. I like the black, but I think I was wanting something a little softer. I used the reverse stockinette stitch for the body and handles and regular stockinette for the pocket. I used pink butterfly batik material for my linning, which I had to sew in by hand because I could not get the look I wanted with my machine. The hand sewing was alot more relaxing and less stressful than I had imagined it would be. I also made a pocket in the inside for my cell phone. I had planned on putting a zipper on it, but changed my mind near the end. I may put it on there one day, who knows. It measures 9"x9". I did not use a pattern for this, but came up with it on my own (which I am so proud of because I am not good at creating things) Thanks to Doreen for all the helpful hints along the way.

8 thoughts...:

Karina said...

I think it looks great!!!!!!

Jennifer said...

thanks!

doreen said...

ya did great! It's adorable. I bet you'll love carrying this one :D Get ur diva pin!

Jennifer said...

ohh i will!

Unknown said...

BEAUTIFUL purse! When are you going to sell them? I am a cloth-diapering mom too! Good for you! Thanks for your condolences in my blog.

Jennifer said...

Thank you Rebekah.

Karla said...

Ah, so you knit, too! What a crafty girl you are! :) Love the purse. The black as a contrasting color worked out just fine! :)

Jennifer said...

thanks:)