Here are the cushion covers I made for my friend Jill. She needed some covers for her cushions that she could take off and wash. The little cushion cover is made of a really nice cordaroy material that her grandma had given her. There are three more just like it. I just barely had enough to cover all four cushions. Jill went and found a matching fabric for her larger cushion. I think they came our pretty good.
I went shopping last night with some money I recived from a sewing job I did, and I have had a few people wanting pics of my stuff I got. Some people even waking me up while I'm sleeping 0.< lol. Well here is the stuff I got, enjoy:) And believe me if one of you guys would have gotten something new... I woulda asked for pics too^^ Well, this is my new bin with three drawers. I have been wanting one for a while so it was nice to finally be able to get one. The slot between the bin and the wall is where I normally keep my ironing board when it is not in use.
And for good measure here are just some over all pics of my area now. I am in the middle of sewing stuff so it's a bit on the messy side ...eerrr...should I say creative side..yea that's it...creative.
Here are the other things I bought. One being a skein of Lion Brand, Lion Suede. I'm hoping to make a purse out of this. I also bought the pannel of the horse which also has the verse The Lord is my Shepherd...folded to the back. I plan on making a wallhanging for my sister...my younger one not my older :) I also purchased another kit to do another quilt for my store, and the bin of course. Oh yea, and I purchased a video for the children. I figured they deserved something since they have to leave mommy alone while I'm sewing...lol.
Here is a pic of my finished friendship square. My friends and I are each making squares to put together to make a friendship wallhanging. This is my square that I made. I made 3 more identical squares so I can give one to each of my other three friends. The letters are for our initials. C :: Christi, D :: Doreen, J :: for me, and K :: for Karina. I chose our favorite colors for the backgrounds of our initials. I can't wait to get my other sqaures to make my whole wallhaning :D
Here is a pic of Mycah's new bed skirt. I must say that Shane and I aren't really "feeling" the print. I want to do Mycah's room with bugs and frogs, but after I made this I don't think this particular material is what I am looking for. So I will be looking for new fabric for another skirt for him. Probably when I buy the fabric for his quilt. But atleast this will work for now to cover up the trundle bed underneath.
Here is a pic of the purse I made for my mom for mother's day. It is quilted and has bamboo handles. I love this purse. It came out so good. This was my first attempt at sewing/quilting a purse. It took more brain work for me than usual since I had alot of figuring out to do since I didn't have a pattern. I can't wait to give it to her.
...to my little blog. It has been one year today since my first post. Looking back it seems like I have come along way in my sewing. I can't wait to see what this next year has in store for me, and how my skills will have progressed in another year. It's neat to be able to look back and see the progress.
Here is a bed skirt I made for Trin's bed. It really needed it cause the trundle bed underneath was showing. The material I used was curtains my mom had made for her room like 3 years ago. The curtains don't work for her room here since they were too long. So I ripped out the seams where the curtains were and cut it up and hemmed it and made it into this bed skirt. I had wanted her bed skirt to be more ruffley and Mycah's to be straight, but I didn't have enough fabric to make it ruffley or to go all the way around. But I did have enough for the two sides that were showing. I'm hoping to add some of this fabric into her quilt when I make it and make some curtains that do fit her windows.
Here is a little wallhanging I made. My friend Jill had given me some scraps and among them were 3 little squares with different quilting sayings. So I used one of the squares along with the pink and white material that was given to me to make this little wallhanging for my area. It measures approximatley 16" x 16". I used mock binding to finish off the edges. I used the stippling technique to quilt my border. This was my first time doing it and I really enjoyed it. It gave me an idea, along with practice for when I do it on future projects. (It has two pins at the top because I have it pinned to my wall >.<)