Here is scrap block #3. I used the double nine patch pattern for this square. The color again is a little off. The solid color is pink. Well, this will be my last scrap block for now. I have gotten my thread for quilting my table runner so I will be working on that for now.
Here is scrap block #2. I used the Ohio Star pattern for this one. The color is a little off, but you can still tell what the block looks like. I had to put the quilting of my table runner on hold until I get thread for it so I decided to work on this today.
Here is the block pattern I am gonna use for Mycah's quilt. Obviously not these colors. The backgrounds I'm gonna use is 3 diffrent colors...blue, red, and yellow. And then for the design and sashing I'm gonna use a dark blue. ie, i will have on yellow square with a dark blue design and a red square with a dark blue design and a blue square with a dark blue design.
I have finally come to the resolve that I am gonna make a quilt for Mycah's bed. He loves the other quilt I made so much and agian told me he wanted a bedspread. I have found a really cute block pattern that I think would be cute for his bed. I'm excited about starting it, but also nervouse. I have never worked with a quilt that big and am not sure how I'm gonna do on the quilting process. I only have to make 70 blocks o.O of course I will probably start on it after I finish my mom's table runner and Trin' little quilt. Hopefully I will get my material picked out for it next paycheck. Hopefully it won't take me to long to make^^
Here is Mycah's finished quilt. It was a bundle of material that I bought like Karina's. This one has the theme of dogs and such cute material in it. You have to cut the fabric into the squares yourself and of course sew them. It didn't call for batting either but I put some in and I quilted with bones in the dark paw print squares, paw prints in the blue bone squares, spiral circles in the polk a dot material, and spiral squares in the yellow dog material. I did all the drawing myself for the designs. I used mock binding to finish the edges, which I barely had enough for since it didn't call for this type of finishing. It's a very soft cute quilt.
Here is the finished quilt...binding and all. I love the way the binding looks and feels. I am very happy with how good it turned out especially for my first time doing it. It has very few flaws especially compared to my first quilt. My mother in law had brought over this fabric along with a few others that she had intended on making a quilt with years ago, but never did. She gave to me to see if I could do anything with it, so I turned it into this quilt and am going to give it to her. It took me a while to find a pattern that I had enough fabric for. And my last piece of larger fabric was just barley the right size for my backing. I am just so pleased with how nice this quilt and the binding turned out.
Well, I am almost finished with the quilting part. I have found a few places that I didn't pull the top tight enough so that was a little disappointing, but no where near as bad as my first quilt. So I guess that's where the "practice makes perfect" comes in. The areas aren't major and you can't see them unless you are looking, but I know they are there:( The quilting part should be finished tomorrow then I will be making my own binding and putting it on so we will see how that goes. Listening to Karina scares me...lol. After that my next project will be a quilted table runner for my mom...with a star pattern. So I am excited about starting that. Oh yea, I've been able to use some of my quilting feet that came with my machine, one of them being my walking foot...it's ohhhhh so nice:)
Here is my quilt top that I am working on.I still have to add another border before finishing it. I'm not gonna go into it's description and background too much...I will save that for when it's finished!