Thursday, October 25, 2007

My Dyed Prefolds

Well, this was my first time dying something. I got my preemie prefolds yesterday and thought I would try my hand at dying them. I ordered them unbleached so I think the colors might would have been a little more vibrant had they been bleached. Anyways, for my green ones I tried dying them in the sink which didn't go to well. The drain in my sink had a slow leak so I kept loosing my water. So I kept having to add water plus they didn't get to soak for a whole hour. For my blue ones I decided to try them in the washing machine as some other people I read about had done. It was much easier and my diapers got a much more even color dying them in the washing machine. I will definitely be using that method from now on. All in all I'm really pleased with how they both turned out (I didn't think my greens would be this good). I am hopefully gonna do a few more embellishing to them, but we will see. Shane was impressed with how good they looked and couldn't believe I had dyed them.
I think the colors a little off in the photos vs RL




3 thoughts...:

Karina said...

They look pretty!

Christi said...

very pretty!!

doreen said...

I like both the colors. great job. Looking forward to the embelsihments.