Ok, today I tried these brownies a friend referred me too. The ingredients sound really weird, but these brownies are really yummy. My whole family really liked them and they are a great source of protein! Which is really great for my youngest son. He even liked them and he doesn't like food, lol. So give them a try. Let me know what your family thinks.
ps. They do have a slightly different texture than traditional brownies, but definitely a great substitute if you are looking for a healthier chocolate fix!
Healthy Grain Free Brownies
- 2 cups cooked black beans, well-drained (or 1 can of no salt added)
- 3 lightly beaten eggs
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil (or melted butter)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup honey (or other equivalent sweetener)
- 1/2 cup chopped up bittersweet chocolate (or semi-sweet chips if you don’t mind the added refined sugar in them)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans -optional
NOTES: These are good enough warm, but both the taste & texture improve when they have been chilled. They make great snacks, lots of protein and a good source of iron. These are also great as dessert w/strawberries & cream, whipped & lightly sweetened w/maple syrup.